Hey there friends!
Happy Friday!! I am so so so excited to be sharing the most amazing drink with you today. Have you guys heard of Frosé?! I had not until earlier this summer and it sounded amazing so I had to figure out how to make it for myself. It's fairly simple too! It's just what you'd think it would be, frozen Rosé!
What I love most about this concoction is that you can literally exchange the fruit with any other fruit you'd like! I chose Raspberries because I love how it mixes in the drink and you can really taste it's flavor. You can also use strawberries, grapefruit, blackberries, peaches, rhubarb... the list goes on!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 bottle Rosé
1/2 cup fruit of your choice (mashed)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup lemon juice
HOW YOU MAKE IT:
1. The night before you plan to make this (or the morning of) pour out a bottle of rosé into a shallow dish and stick in the freezer.
2. Once your rosé turns to frosé ;) pull out of freezer and set on counter.
3. In a small saucepan add your sugar and water and heat to a low boil over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and add your mashed fruit, pour out of saucepan an into a bowl and let it sit in the freezer to cool down.
4. Once your mashed fruit sugary water is cool, strain your mixture and discard the mashed fruit, only keeping the liquid you've just strained. Congrats! You just created a homemade simple syrup!
5. Chip away at your frosé with a wooden spatula and then transfer to a bowl, mash it just enough to break it up, but keep it slushy!
6. Add in your 1/2 cup of lemon juice and your simple syrup concoction and voilà!
Does that not look just absolutely mouth-watering?! It's a great drink to make for a summer girls night or enjoying on a hot summer night on the patio. I can't believe that we are nearing the end of summer! Be sure to try this drink out and make it before summer is over!
Have you guys tried frosé before? Have you tried to make it?! Let me know what you think and if you like it! Enjoy!
Stephanie Grace Benton